Here you go guys! Another great recipe for the weekend and for the family. It’s definitely got some Greek vibes to it, but I have adapted it slightly. You can boost the flavour by adding a squeeze of fresh lemon at the end, but one thing is for sure, you do need a good chunk of feta on the side of this dish…well don’t you with every dish?! Hope you enjoy it!
Roast Chicken with Dill & Parsley Garden Peas & Potatoes
1 medium chicken, preferably free-range
250 grams frozen garden peas
250mls chicken stock
200 grams charlotte potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
4 garlic cloves, peeled and gently crushed
2 tsp dried dill
Handful fresh parsley, finely diced
100 grams feta, preferably goats milk and sheeps milk
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grab a medium size baking tray, add the olive oil, garden peas, potatoes, garlic and dill. Give this all a good toss. Flatten this out in the tray. Add the chicken stock.
- Add the chicken on top of all the peas & potatoes. Drizzle olive oil all over the chicken, and sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place in the oven, on the middle shelf, and bake for 1hr30 minutes. Crank the oven heat upto 200C, and cook the chicken for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven, and leave to cook for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken, place on a separate plate. Add the parsley and a squeeze of lemon (optional) to the peas & potatoes. Give this a good stir.
- Cut the chicken up, and serve the peas & potatoes on the side, with a generous chunk of feta. Enjoy!